Thursday, February 17, 2011

Refits

Two weeks ago I went to Clear Lake Marine Center to have some major refits.  Got a new bottom job, replaced all through hull fittings and valves.  Got a new depth meter and knot indicator, fixed all the cracks in the fiberglass and reset some loose stanchions.  Then I got completely new running rigging and new lifelines installed.  Best of all, a new USCG approved marine sanitation device.  Hadn't had that replaced since it was originally installed in 1969.

Next, I will have the mast stepped down and inspected, and I will have all the wiring replaced entirely.  I will install a new tri-light beacon on top of the mast, along with a new anemometer and apparent wind display.  Then, its an all new paint job on the topside, and new teak handles and doors! 
Pretty soon, I'll be better than new!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment